Hi guys, only a week until Christmas eve eeekk
Another busy day at work so I choose to relax with the fur baby before starting some more baking, this time using my nanas recipe for coconut tarts. every Christmas she would bake these so they bring back so many memories and every year I try to make them as good as her and this year has been my best attempt yet.
I have used her recipe for the pastry as well instead of making my own. this makes about 100g pastry which means about 12 tarts
100g/40z plain flour
pinch of salt
25g/1 oz. margarine ( I used a little over
25g/1 0z lard ( I used a little over)
2tbsp cold water ( I used about 2 and a half )
- mix flour and salt in a bowl and rub in the fats
- use a knife to mix adding in the water to form a stiff dough
- turn dough on to a floured surface and knead lightly
- roll out a use as required.
100g/40z short pastry
50g/2oz caster sugar
50g/2oz desiccated coconut
- heat the oven to 180 degrees c/ 350 degrees f/ gas mark 4. roll out pastry thinly and cut into discs and place them in a greased tart tin
- place half a teaspoon of jam in each one ( I added a little extra)
- cream the margarine, sugar and add the egg and the coconut
- place one teaspoon of mixture on top of the jam
- bake for 20 minutes until the sponge is risen and golden brown
Place on cooling rack and enjoy when cooled.
Hope you guys try these and enjoy them as much as I do.