Hi guys another tiring day done, sorting presents into gifts bags ready to be delivered , helping sealing and posting Christmas cards and now I’m baking.
tonight its gingerbread men. it wasn’t until I gathered everything together that I realised I had so many gingerbread men cutters. anyways on with the recipe and pictures. before I forget this recipe says about a food processor but I did it all by hand and it says it makes 20, but I don’t have them too thick and made about 24 men and 8 stars and still have plenty of dough left over.
- sift together 350g/12oz plain flour, tsp of bicarbonate of soda, 2tsp ground ginger, 1tsp cinnamon in a bowl ( the recipe says pour into a food processor) add the butter and mix until it resembles breadcrumbs. stir in 175g/6oz of light soft brown sugar.
- lightly beat one egg and 4 tbs ofgolden syrup ( I used 5) together and add to the mixture and mix until the mixture clumps together. tip the dough out and knead until smooth ( this may take a little time), wrap in clingfilm and chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
- preheat oven to 180 degrees c or 350 degrees f. line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- roll out the dough onto a floured surface and use a cutter cut out rhe gingerbread men and place on the tray allowing room for them to spread. ( I also made some stars.)
- bake around 10 – 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown, leave to cool slightly before transferring to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- when cooled decorate as desired.